Our goal is to increase the effectiveness of innovation in Australia by stretching organisations’ thinking beyond the obvious in order to connect the dots and land new possibilities.
For nearly 10 years we’ve combined disruption methodologies with design thinking to accelerate innovation with the support of our innovation vision framework and capability programme. We are currently undertaking our own innovation research project, with government funding, and this will be launched in Winter 2017.
We’re looking for an intellectual sparring partner who can lead client relationships, crunch tricky innovation challenges and inspire & nurture the innovation capability of those around them.
This is a highly influential role for someone with a passion and proven track record in innovation and the desire to make their own mark as part of the leadership team of both How To Impact and the Deepend Group.
The right candidate will have direct experience in a variety of design-thinking disciplines – from strategy, to insight definition, concept development and test & learn prototyping.
The traits and capabilities we need are from someone who:
- Strives to dig deeper and learn more about the theory and practice of innovation
- Is disciplined, industrious and fun to be around
- Can identify and act on inspiring insights
- Communicates to top level teams
- Facilitates with the energy and smarts to think on their feet in front of a room of senior clients and lead their thinking
- Is a business leader who can inspire people and are plugged-in to their own innovation network
- Wants to help grow a business and earn their right to own part of it
- Wants to learn and grow themselves
- Is comfortable with the dynamic of a ‘big-small’ company structure (bigger group benefits, small company intimacy)
What will you do?
Lead innovation projects:
Core focus = product/category design, experience design, service design, innovation strategy & training.
- Plan the structure and content of diverse projects from fast turnaround workshops to complex innovation platform development projects
- Co-ordinating internal and external resources required to deliver project, including development of new partner-supplier networks
- Challenge & stretch thinking through facilitated sessions and insightful documentation in order to clarify growth opportunities, the development of inspiration insights and solutions
- Think creatively, generate original and whole ideas and manage the process of implementation planning
- Generate growth strategies & executions across the 10 types of innovation and negotiate the commercial landscape to make those ideas a reality
- Offer counsel and continuity, and look to identify the next challenge
Senior Role Requirements:
- Train client teams on innovation, using existing and bespoke content
- Building, managing & growing client relationships into client partnerships
- Nurturing your extended network to push beyond our existing client base
- Help source, develop, inspire and nurture A team talent
- Co-development of marketing plan for promotion of current offer, including profile-building programme, speaking engagements and regular thought leadership articles
- $200,000 + base salary for proven innovation leader + 20% bonus (10% on personal
- Equity opportunity
- Benefits include: $2,000 personal training budget, mobile phone, additional unpaid leave allowance after 6 months